Raw mango and coriander chutney
Mango and coriander chutney is very easy to make and different from other chutneys as in this no lemon juice or tamarind is needed as mango itself is very sour. No roasting also needed. Every body makes it differently but I like this way. This mango and coriander chutney goes well with snacks and chat items also. Sometimes I add in the bhel puri also for a change , instead of hari chutney(green chutney) which is made from mint and coriander leaves. With this chutney you can make bread sandwhich also, apply on bread and then keep some slices of boiled potato, tomato, cucumber, and onion(optional), which gives a good taste. Can serve with evening snacks like samosa, bajji(fritters), pokada etc. this is very easy to make as all the ingredients are grounded together.
- Raw mango – 1(100 gms)
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup or 15 to 20 gms
- Green chillies – 2
- Garlic clove – 1
- Sugar – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per requirement
- Water – 50 to 60 ml
- Wash coriander leaves and other vegetables properly. Keep them aside.
- Put all the ingredients in the mixer and grind it to a smooth paste. Add water as per the consistency required.
- Pour the chutney in a bowl and serve with any snack.
- Sometimes I add a small ginger piece instead of garlic.
- You can add mint and grind it, but it gives a different taste.
- Mango should be sour. If you think that mango is not sour, you can add a few more mango pieces and grind it.