Vegetable hakka noodles
Vegetable hakka noodles or vegetable hakka chow mien popularly known dish in indo-Chinese cuisine. This hakka noodles or chow Mein noodles is all time everyone’s favourite , kids love it and is very easy to make in no time, only in vegetables cutting time is needed, otherwise its easy. Now days, chopped vegetables also you get for Chinese cooking. Its very nutrious also as lots of vegetables go in it. The main vegetables which we see often is carrot, beans, cabbage, capsicum and beansprouts. You can add any vegetables as many, as per your child’s taste, in the noodles.
Hakka noodles or hakka chow Mein has to be cooked on a wok or a wider kadai on high flame, as the vegetables will get cooked quickly and the flavour from the high flame cooking on wok and kadai is different. In these noodles I have not added any chilli, ginger, and garlic, as I made this for my son. You can prepare the noodles as per your child’s taste whether they like spicy or not. You can also see my chicken hakka noodles recipe.
- Hakka Noodles – 100 gms
- Cabbage (shredded) – 1/2 cup or handful
- Carrots (thinly sliced or shredded) – 1/2 or 1/3 cup
- Yellow bell pepper – quarter
- Red bell pepper – quarter
- Orange bell pepper – quarter
- Onion (medium) - 1/2
- Spring onion (small, chopped or sliced) – 3
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- MSG (Ajinomoto) (optional) – 1/2 tsp
- Light soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Slice all the vegetables in one shape or you can chop finely for your kids.
- Boil the noodles in sufficient water or soak in hot water as per instruction, drain and add 1tsp oil, mix well in the noodles, so that they don’t stick to each other.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai , add onion , cabbage, carrot and stir-fry for three minutes.
- Add all the bell peppers or capsicum and spring onion and stir-fry for two minutes, stirring and tossing continuously. Keep all the vegetables crispy but cooked.
- Add noodles, soy sauce, MSG, salt to taste and pepper powder and cook on high heat for 3 to 4min or until the noodles are heated through, tossing continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens and with green chilli sauce or tomato ketchup for the kids.
- You can add white pepper powder or chilli flakes if they are grown-ups.
- You can add any vegetables mushroom, bean sprouts, beans, baby corn in the noodles.
- Add green chillies sliced when you add onion and the sauces like tomato ketchup, vinegar and chilli garlic sauce, it makes more spicy and yummy noodles.
- I sometimes stir fry the noodles with ginger, garlic, chilli flakes or pepper powder for 2 to 3 min till slightly colour changes and mix with the vegetables for me. Refer my other chicken or vegetable noodles recipes.
- You can take any noodles you like as there are variety of noodles like egg noodles, eggless noodles and other noodles or in the restaurants you might have seen the shape and size of the noodles.