Strawberry cheese cake
Cheese cakes are of two types – one is baked and the other is no baking. Like mango cheese cake, I made strawberry cheese cake as well to see the taste. It was delicious too. But I prepared it in 2 ways, one is with the equal amount of any soft cheese or Philadelphia cream cheese and whipped cream and the other strawberry cheese cake prepared like my mango cheese cake. For the glaze I just cooked strawberry puree with sugar for a few minutes, until the sugar gets infused with the strawberry puree. Both tasted good. Once you get the idea about this dessert, you will make it very quickly and easily and as per your taste. View my mango cheese cake recipe.
In the first method for this recipe, the ingredients are the same as mango cheese cake and the only difference is that the strawberry puree is prepared in 2 ways – one for the soft cream cheese mixture and the other for the glaze on top. You can use Digestive biscuits or Graham crackers crumbs or glucose biscuits or plain tea biscuits or chocolate biscuits like cookies, Bourbon biscuits for the base. I keep experimenting every time with different ratios of whipped cream and cheese, but it always tasted good for me. Make adequate puree so that it sufficient for making the cream cheese and also for the glaze.
- Digestive biscuits – 8 (80 gms)
- Butter – 50 to 60 gms
- Sugar -1 tsp
- Double cream – 150 ml
- Cream cheese – 150 gms
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Strawberry puree – 50 ml
- Strawberry puree – remaining
- Gelatin – 2 1/2 to 3 tsp (1 sachet, 11 to 12 gms)
- Water (hot) – 5 or 6 tbsp
- Strawberry slices for garnishing (optional) – a few
- Strawberry – 300 gms or more
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tsp
Cream cheese mixture (middle layer)
For glaze on top (third layer)
- Crush the biscuits in the food processor/ mixer and add melted butter and whiz again until the mixture comes together. Once done, spoon it in the cake tin Press into the bottom of an 8″ spring form pan that’s lined with aluminium foil or use individual glasses. Refrigerate while preparing the rest of the cheesecake.
- Add gelatin powder in hot water and stir till it dissolves, keep it aside.
- Take a wider and deep bowl, to whisk double cream with hand whisker or electric whisker, whisk until thick or medium thick, add 1tbsp sugar in the cream and whisk. Remove the whipped cream and keep it in another bowl.
- Add cream cheese in the same bowl, no need to clean, add 1tbsp sugar, mix with any whisker till it mixes well, then add the whipped cream, mix well, till it blends well.
- Mix the warm gelatin half of it or 2tbsp in the strawberry puree and mix it into cream cheese mixture, gently until mixed well. Taste and see whether more sugar is needed or not.
- Now pour the cream cheese mixture on the crushed biscuit base and refrigerate for 2hr or till it is set (for quick set freeze till set). In both the cake tin and remaining individual glass.
- The other remaining gelatin should be warm (heat it again) add to the strawberry puree and mix well. Pour this mixture as a top layer, which should be thin layer not like the middle one, on the cream cheese layer, once it is set. Refrigerate few hours or overnight, till you serve. Garnish with strawberry slices.
- Keep it at room temperature for 15min before serving as the base will be very hard and it will be soft a little bit.
- You can store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For making the strawberry puree, I have used fresh strawberry. I pureed them, strained and then added sugar and boiled for a few minutes on simmer. It is not a must, but be careful as it can reduce the quantity. The consistency should not be very thick.
Strawberry cheese cake making involves 3 stages:
1. Base – biscuit crumbs
2. Middle – strawberry cheese mixture
3. Top or third layer – strawberry glaze
For the cheese filling (middle part)
For the glaze
- Add sugar in the strawberry puree as per your taste as it can be sour also.
- The gelatin should be warm (if the gelatin gets cold, heat it again) while mixing in the strawberry puree.
- Instead of gelatin you can use agar (kanten) or china grass, both has to be dissolved in hot water first, for vegetarians they can use both.
- Add strawberry puree in the cream cheese as per the taste and colour you want, I wanted very light for the middle layer and dark (strawberry glaze) on the top.
- I have used equal amount of whipped cream and cheese cream but cheese cream has to be more and whipped cream less, but as I said, I have prepared as per my taste.
- Add the gelatin or agar agar as per the instructions.
- Instead of strawberry puree for the glaze for the topping, you can use strawberry jelly powder make jelly like and pour on the cheese cake.
- Always we need more strawberry puree for the glaze on the top of the cheese cake, so keep some additional strawberry puree, in case of short.
- For the individual glass I have used chocolate cookies, crushed them, added butter, pour in the glass and used the remaining cream cheese as there was less amount only, for one glass and strawberry puree. The above ingredients are only for 8 to 9 inch spring form tin.
- You can avoid gelatin by making the filling thick and freeze it and with the strawberry glaze pour on the cheese cake and freeze it. Remove it 1hr to 2hrs before serving. If it is in individual glasses also, no need to freeze for setting, just refrigerate it.