Kheema aur aloo masala
This is quick and easy kheema masala , no need to chop onion or any vegetables and no fussle to make it. I have used spring lamb, can use mutton or lamb as per your taste.
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 3
- Green cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon stick (1 inch size) – 1
- Black cardamom (optional) – 1
- Mace (optional) – 1
- Lamb mince – 250 to 300 gms
- Potato (medium size, chopped) – 1
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – few
- Cut potato into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Preheat the vessel or kadai, add oil when hot, add whole spices all, and let it splutter for few seconds.
- Add kheema and sauté for 3 to 4min on medium flame; add ginger and garlic paste, mix and sauté for 2min.
- Add all dry spices, potato and curd mix all, simmer the flame and cook for 15min by closing the lid.
- In between stir, the lamb mince, potato and the spices are mixed well and have left water and oil while cooking.
- Let it cook till the lamb mince and potato are cooked well and is as per your consistency.
- At last garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- It will be semi dry type masala curry, which goes well with chapathi(roti) or plain rice and any dal or rasam.
- Can avoid black cardamom and mace as it is over powering the curry.
- Can reduce spices as per your taste.
- Can add bones in the mince it will give more taste to the masala curry, if adding first roast the bones as it takes time to cook.
- No need to add water, as mince starts leaving water while cooking and the curd is added it will get cooked fast.