Corn fried rice
Sweet corn fried rice, is very easy and quick to prepare. Sweet corn fried rice one of my sons favourite as sweet corn is his favourite in vegetables. I have used frozen sweet corn for this fried rice. There are so many variations in preparing fried rice - you can add other vegetables and Chinese sauces as per your taste. I have prepared sweet corn fried rice as per my son's taste.
Preparation time: 5 mins (excluding time to cook rice)
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Basmati rice (cooked) – 3 cups
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Sweet corn – 1 cup
- Red bell pepper (medium size) - 1/2
- Spring onions - 4
- Salt - as per taste
- Chop spring onions and red bell pepper (capsicum). Keep ready.
- Cook the rice and leave it to cool. You can even refrigerate for an hour or two or even a day.
- Now pre-heat a wide pan or kadai/wok , add oil and butter 1tbsp, when it gets warm add spring onions (white part and few green leaves). Save a little spring onion for garnishing later. Saute for 15 seconds on high heat.
- Add frozen sweet corn and cook until it is thawed and no water or moisture is left.
- Add red bell pepper, remaning green leaves of spring onions, 1 tbsp of butter again, pepper powder 1/4 tsp and salt as per taste. Stir for 2 mins on medium to high flame.
- When the sweet corn is cooked and no moisture is left, simmer the flame. Then add the cooked rice.
- Stir the rice well with other ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes until it gets warm.
- Add remaining black pepper powder again as per taste and mix well.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame and low flame for 3 to 4 minutes, until rice is infused with the flavours of all the other ingredients. Switch off.
- Serve sweet corn fried rice with ketchup.
- As the rice is already cooked with salt, add salt carefully.
- Rice should be firm, not soggy. That is why most people use refrigerated rice for fried rice or just spread the cooked rice, fluff it with fork on a wide plate open.
- You can use white pepper or black pepper, as per availability.