Chicken liver fry with hot peri peri sauce
This is a simple dish and very easy to make. The people who eat chicken liver will like this dish. I have used nandos peri peri sauce (hot), if you want medium one sauce you can use. It is a ready made sauce, even we get marinade also in peri peri, so that you can fry the meat and eat it.
I love this sauce very much,as it is tangy and spicy also. I always love to visit nandoos, and have grill chicken and peri peri sauce and also hummous with peri peri spicy oil, which they serve it with houmous, its very delicious and tasty, by writing itself my mouth is watering.
You can use this sauce for any meat of your like. iam using the sauce which you can eat it as a dipping sauce not the peri peri marinade which we get in the shops, we get it in asda , and other local shops. This you can serve it as a starter to your family or in the evenings at any time you can eat it. If you love spicy and something different can go for it.
- Chicken liver – 7 chicken livers
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Chilli crushed – 3/4th tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Peri peri sauce(hot) - 4tbsp or more
- Salt as per taste
- First wash the chicken liver properly and strain it. Take a bowl and add ginger and garlic paste to marinate it. Keep it for 30min.
- Now take a pan or tava, add oil, when it gets warm add chicken liver and fry it, be careful while frying, as oil can split on you, because of water in it.
- Stir fry till it changes its colour, let it cook for 5 to 8min, you can see in the picture. It will not take longer time to cook, it gets cook faster .
- when it is cooked, add crushed chilli powder or just chilli powder and peri peri sauce 2tbsp, stir it well. Drizzle some oil, while cooking if it is sticking. Reduce the flame, nicely stir the chicken , so that it is coated well with the spicy sauce. It should be roasted well in the sauce, It will take 2 to 3min, then add the remaining sauce mix it well and remove from the pan immediately. So that the liver is coated well with the sauce. Do not cook longer with the sauce . if the liver is over cooked, it will become hard, it will take 8 to10 min cooking time.
- If you want more sauce can drizzle on it at last and serve it hot immediately.
- If you find the sauce is very hot can avoid chilli powder.
- Whether the liver is cooked, can taste a small piece of it, then add the sauce.
- If you want can just try with 2 or 3 chicken livers and reduce the spices when adding in it.
- If you want can use the marinade of peri peri and can cook as above given.
- If you want to avoid the splitting of oil while frying liver, then do not add oil in the beginning of cooking, add liver directly on tava or kadai and cook till the water is absorbed during cooking ,then can add oil, by this the oil will not split on you while cooking.