Egg and vegetable fried rice
Vegetable fried rice is a popular Chinese food. But I have cooked it in a indo –Chinese style. You can have this with any side dish like chilli paneer or chicken Manchurian etc. you can use vegetables like carrot, cabbage, capsicum(any color), beans, beans sprout and peas if you like. In this you can add cooked chicken, prawns and eggs also like I have added in this recipe, vegeterians can use only vegetables. There are so many variations in vegetable fried rice; you can cook according to your tatse. Chinese food is cooked in a wok and at very high flame but I have just taken bigger kadai and cooked at medium and reduce the flame according to my convenience.
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Carrots – 2
- Capsicum – 1
- Beans - 50 gms
- Spring onions – 5
- Eggs - 5
- Cooked rice – 4 cups
- Dark soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Light soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 1/2 tsp or 2 tsp
- Chinese salt or MSG or ajinomoto - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder (crushed one) - 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger chopped (optional) - 1 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock cube or vegetable stock cube - 1/2 cube
- Salt - as required
- First put all eggs in a bowl add little salt and a big pinch of pepper powder beat it with a fork for few seconds and keep it aside.
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces and spring onion both white and green part I have taken.
- Now take a wider kadai or wok, add 1tbsp oil, when it gets warm add ginger stir for few second, then add vegetables and stir well for few mins 4 to 5 mins, till the vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- Now corner the vegetables in a kadai one side and add 1tsp oil, and add egg mixture, do not stir for 10seconds, add remaining oil on the corner sides of egg mixture so that it won’t stick to the kadai.
- Keep stirring egg mixture till it is formed as a scrambled egg but should be soft texture. Reduce the flame at this stage, when cooking the egg.
- Stir the vegetables also in the corner itself as it can burn.
- When the egg is forming scramble form, mix it with the vegetables and stir well, now add soya sauce, Chinese salt, vinegar, crushed pepper and vegetable cube and mix well.
- Now add rice and mix well with the vegetables and eggs mixture. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Taste the rice and check whether you need more soya sauce or any seasoning in it, so that you can add if anything is required.
- At last sprinkle few more spring onions and mix it in the rice. When the rice is properly mixed with other ingredients, switch it off. I sometimes simmer the flame and cook for 5min, so that all the ingredients are blended well.
- Serve vegetable egg fried rice with chilli paneer, cauliflower Manchurian.
- After adding eggs, stir continuously so that the eggs do not stick or burn.
- You can adjust the quantity of back pepper as per your taste buds.
- As the rice is already cooked with salt, there is no need to add salt. In addition, the egg also has salt, the stock cube contains salt and so does the soya sauce.
- Rice should be firm, not soggy. That is why most people use refridgerated rice for fried rice. I have used the rice which was cooked earlier and cooled.
- You can use vegetables like cabbage, beans and red and yellow capsicums. I have prepared vegetable rice, when these vegetables are in stock.