This is a Chinese appitizer and it is made from chicken wings. To give a lollipop shape, pull the thin layer of flesh and pull the flesh to the other end of the thick bone and make like a lollipop.
You can ask your butcher to do it or is readily available in some markets.
In chicken lollipop you can add your own spices also and can make according to your taste. this is a dry form dish and it is eaten as a starter or any time you want. I will call my chicken lollipop as a Indo-Chinese chicken lollipop.
See how to make the chicken wings into lollipops.
- Chicken - 300 gms or 7 to 8 wings
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
- Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste - 3 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Cornflour - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ajinomoto (MSG) - a pinch
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Colour - a pinch (optional)
- Egg – 1
- First take a bowl and put all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well. Check the seasoning. Add chicken lollipops into it and mix well. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- When frying, take it out 1/2 hour in advance. Be careful while adding salt as soya sauce already has a good salt content.
- Meanwhile make a batter. First add all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then add egg and other ingredients and mix well with a fork. It should be a thick batter. No need to add water. If it becomes thin add more cornflour. Let the batter rest for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil and when it is hot, dip chicken lollipops in the batter and drop it in oil very carefully and fry it on medium heat. It will take 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until the chicken is cooked well. Never fry the chicken on a very high heat. Otherwise it will become dark soon bur it will not be properly cooked from inside.
- Drain it on a kitchen paper. Wrap the end of the chicken bone with aluminium foil so that it can be eaten with hands yet keeping the hands clean.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup or any sauce.
- If you want, you can coat the chicken pieces with fresh bread crumbs after dipping in the batter and then fry it.
- If you do not have Worcestershire sauce, its okay, you can omit it.
- You can alter the quantity of chilli powder as per taste.