Chicken liver fry
This is my childhood favourite dish. The day chicken is bought at our house, I will be eagerly waiting for the liver fry. My mother knows that, if she is not going to fry it, I will be behind her in the kitchen till she fries and give me. It is like a appetizer for me in the evening or in during school holidays.
This is very easy to make and simple also.
- Chicken liver – 120gms or 5 livers
- Oil – 2tsp
- Chilli powder – 3/4th to 1tsp
- Salt as per taste
- First wash the chicken liver properly and strain it.
- Now take a pan or tava, add oil, when it gets warm add chicken liver and fry it, be careful while frying, as oil can split on you, because of water in it.
- Stir fry till it changes its colour, let it cook for 3 to 4min, you can see in the picture. It will not take longer time to cook, it gets cook faster. When the liver is cooking and its water is absorbed well, drizzle some oil during cooking if the liver is sticking to the pan.
- After few min add chilli powder and salt, mix well, stir well so that it is coated well with the spice. Reduce the flame in between, nicely stir the chicken , so that it is coated well with the spice.
- It should be roasted well in the tava, a dark roasting colour comes when it is fried. In between drizzle some oil on it. When chilli powder is added you can feel the heat from its smoke, so be careful, everybody near the kitchen can cough because of it. As soon as the liver is cooked well with chilli powder can switch it off.
- When it is cooked, remove it in a plate and serve it hot. It will take 8 to 10 min time of cooking.
- Drizzle some oil in between so that it should not become dry and stick to the pan.
- If you want can reduce the chilli powder, as per your taste.
- If you want to avoid the splitting of oil while frying liver, then do not add oil in the beginning of cooking, add liver directly on tava or kadai and cook till the water is absorbed during cooking ,then can add oil, by this the oil will not split on you while cooking.