Turmeric flavoured chicken noodles
In this chicken noodle, turmeric flavour will be more, though using oyster sauce or soya sauce. This easy and quick recipe. If you are able to get chopped Chinese stir fry vegetables and boiled rice noodles in the super store, it is more easy and quick, I will say more comfortable recipe on lazy days or any left over vegetables and left over roasted or boiled chicken is left, you can use this recipe. It is a one pan or one pot dish, but very quick. After adding the sauce, always taste the seasoning, so that can add more sauce if required. I have used mung bean noodles, you can use rice noodles. This dish, you can call it as a Singapore noodles, as it has many variations. For the sauce, I have used oyster sauce, sesame oil and soya sauce, you can avoid oyster sauce.
- Mung bean noodles – 50 gms
- Chicken (boneless) - 100 gm
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) – 2
- Ginger – 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli (long) – 1
- Onion (medium) – 1/2
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower – 3 florets
- Mushroom – 2
- Capsicum (red and green) – 1/4 of each
- Carrot (small, chopped) – 1
- Beans sprouts – handful
- Spring onion (chopped) – 1 to 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oyster sauce – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Rice Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp or more
- Dark soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Light soya sauce – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Slice or shred all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Chop garlic, red chilli and ginger, keep it aside.
- Boil the chicken with few spring onions and pepper seeds (1/2 tsp), salt or fry it with few tsp of oil with salt and pepper (1/4 tsp), keep it aside.
- Take the same vessel or wok, in which chicken was fried, add oil, when hot add garlic, ginger, red chilli sauté for 3sec, add all the vegetables (keep few bean sprouts at the end), stir fry for 1min on high flame, keep stirring.
- Add turmeric powder, mix well with the vegetables and then add noodles.
- Stir well, add soya sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, water, mix well and cook for 2min.
- Add chicken pieces, salt, pepper powder, cook for 1 to 2min, and keep stirring in between.
- In the end add left over bean sprouts and spring onion, stir for 1min and switch off.
- Add vegetables as per your taste, I have added more.
- Can use prawns instead of chicken.
- Can make only vegetarian by using vegetarian oyster sauce.