Hara masala murg
Hara masala murg is a masala kind of dish, made of mint and coriander leaves paste. The name hara masala itself says that curry is made of herbs and other ingredients. This dish has little gravy, which goes well with pulav, jeera rice and thin rotis (rumali roti) and naan. Can make this dish with ghee or butter, but I have used oil and butter. I have used mint leaves and coriander leaves, either equal amount or can add more coriander leaves and less mint leaves too.
- Chicken (boneless) – 350 to 400 gms
- Green chillies – 4
- Mint leaves – 10 to 12
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Tomato (chopped) – 1
- Green chilli (chopped) – 1
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Water – 70 ml
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Again water (if required) – 40 ml
- Salt - as per taste
- Cream (optional) – 30 ml
- Add green chillies, coriander leaves and mint in a mixer and grounded it to a paste. Can add water, if needed.
- Preheat the vessel with oil, when it’s hot, add garlic paste roast for 2sec, add ginger and garlic paste, sauté for 3sec or both at a same time and sauté.
- Add chicken pieces and roast well, till the chicken pieces turn to light golden colour.
- Add all the dry spices except garam masala and the paste, mix well and sauté for 1min.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies mix well, add water and cook by closing the lid, till it becomes like a semi gravy type and the chicken is almost cooked.
- Stir in between.
- Add the butter and paste, salt mix well; let it cook for 5min on medium heat. Can add water 40ml, if needed.
- Add garam masala and simmer the flame for 10 mins by closing the lid and switch it off.
- Can add few table spoons of cream in the end and cook.
- Serve with plain rice, pulav, naan, roti.
- Can add chopped tomatoes after ginger and garlic paste, sauté till soft and then add chicken pieces.
- If you want little gravy, add water and cream and cook for few minutes till it becomes gravy consistency.