Ghee fried rice
This dish is very easy to make , but is very tasty and you can cook in no time, without any strain. I have used whole spices and nuts , which has made this rice fragrant and tasty. it is very easy ,when guests comes home and simply you can make it without any efforts. One of my friend shared this recipe with me.
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Onion (sliced) – 1
- Cloves – 6
- Cinnamon stick – 1 (2 inch size)
- Green cardamom – 6
- Raisins (dry grapes) – 3 tbsp
- Cashewnuts (kaju) – 12
- Basmati rice – 2 1/2 cups
- Water – 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- Salt as required
- Preheat the vessel, add ghee, when it melts and gets warm , add onions first and fry it, when it is brown and soft, add all whole spices and stir well for few seconds.
- Now add raisins and kaju(split into 2 or as a whole), stir it till it is lightly brown and roasted, be care full about raisins, it can burn, cook it on medium heat, it will take few minutes only.
- Now add rice which is washed and was soaked in water for 20mins, stir it for a min or 2min, then add water as required , as we are going to cook rice in that water only.
- Let the rice cook for few min, you can see that it is absorbing water, the grains of rice becomes longer as it is cooking.
- When the water gets reduced or absorbed, you can see that holes form in the rice, but little liquid is there.
- There you need to simmer and close the lid and cook the rice till it is cooked well and fluffy. It will take 10minutes ,switch it off and let it rest. With a fork you can separate the grains.
- Serve with any curry you like and with raitha.
- If the water is in the middle of cooking itself gets absorbed, add little water and cook it.
- When the rice is raw and water is there ,you can stir the rice in between, so that nut will be evenly in all places.
- Only with whole spices also you can cook the rice, it will also give a good taste.
- If you want can fry cashews and raisins separately and add to the rice when it is added.
- Slice the onions thinly, and fry it well, till light brown, how we fry for biryani.