Bombay masala bhel puri
Bhel puri is everyones favourite and famous in India. It is a street food and all the chaat vendors make bhel puri as per their recipe. At homes and other places, all have their own recipe of bhel puri and know with different names. Now-a-days you get different kinds of mixtures (crispies) like cornflakes mixture, bhel mixture, boondhi, all in ready made packets. Bombay bhel is also one such mixture from which we can make delicious and tasty bhel puri.
- Bombay Bhel mixture (ready made) – 1 cup
- Onion – 2 tbsp
- Cucumber – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 tbsp
- Raw mango – 1 to 2 tsp
- Tamarind chutney – 2 tbsp
- Green chutney – 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp
- Golgappa or papadi (optional) – 2
- Boiled potato – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder - as per taste
- Cumin powder - as per taste
- Chaat masala - as per taste
- Sev – a handful
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – few
- Pomegranate (Anar dana) – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Tamarind chutney – as per taste
- Place a boiled potato in a bowl, smash, add a pinch of chilli powder and roasted cumin powder or a pinch of chaat masala, with little salt, mix and keep it aside.
- First chop all the vegetables finely and keep it ready.
- Take a wider bowl, add first dry ingredients like Bombay bhel, onion, green chilli, roasted peanuts, crushed golgappa or papdi, smashed potato, raw mango, roasted cumin powder, chilli powder mix all.
- Add tamarind chutney 2tbsp and green chutney 1tbsp , pomegranate seeds 1tbsp,mix all.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with sev, pomegranate, tamarind and green chutney again as per your taste and coriander leaves.
- Tasty and delicious bhel puri is ready.
- Depending on the freshness of your puffed rice, can lightly roast the puffed rice in a vessel to make it crispy.
- Bombay Bhel puri mix is available in the stores or with any crispies mixed with puffed rice, just buy that and add chutneys and ingredients of your choice.
- Add the spices as per your taste, some like sweet, some spicy.
- Add the chutneys as per your taste, as green chutney (mint chutney) and tamarind chutney(tamarind chutney) is prepared differently in each house.