Mango milkshake is one of my favourite drinks during summers and the most popular in Mango season. I always prepare my mango milkshake with fresh ripe mangoes either Alphonso or Banganapalle. If they are not available, just use any good, ripe and sweet mangoes. Avoid the fibrous mangoes. Mango milkshake is very easy to prepare - simply blend the mango, milk and ice cream.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
- Ripe mangoes – 1 (big size) or 400 gms
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla ice cream – 2 scoops
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Mango puree – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Mango pieces – 2 tbsp
- I have used one Banganapalle mango. Instead you can use two Alphonso mangoes as well.
- Peel the mango, chop and keep aside in a bowl. Reserve a few pieces for garnishing later.
- Put the remaining mango pieces in a mixer or blender.
- Blend until it is a smooth puree.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of mango puree in a separate bowl for garnishing later. If the puree is thick add a little milk and bring it to a pouring consistency. The mango puree has to be dark, so do not add too much milk.
- Add milk, vanilla ice cream and sugar as per taste to the blender and blend to a smooth thick milkshake.
- Pour the thick mango milkshake into serving glasses leaving some space for the garnishing.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of mango puree in each glass and place a few mango pieces on top of the mango puree as the garnish.
- Serve the Mango Falooda immediately with a spoon and a straw to enjoy.
- The mango I used were very ripe and sweet. So, I required only one. You can add more than one mango depending on the taste of the mango.
- You can use mango ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
- You can garnish the mango milkshake with sliced almonds, pista and cashew as per your choice.
- You can add one scoop of vanilla ice cream in each glass on top of the milkshake. Then place few mango pieces or drizzle mango puree on top of the ice cream.