Coriander and tomato chutney
Coriander and tomato chutney, one more condiment for pokaras and snack, can also be called Hare Dhaniya ki chutney (green coriander chutney) or Hari chutney. I have already shared coriander chutney, but this is with tomato, mint and few other spices. This coriander and tomato chutney goes well with snacks as a dip. Hari chutney (green chutney) is a versatile and favourite Indian condiment used as dips for samosas, pokaras or even with plain rotis or phulkas. Without hari chutney, any snack will be incomplete. There are so many variations just with coriander and mint and each house has their own hari chutney recipe to enjoy with pokaras or any other snack.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Total time: 8 mins
Cuisine: North Indian
Serves: 3 to 4
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup or 15 gms
- Mint – 1/2 cup or 10 to 12 gms
- Onion – 1/2 (small, 65 gms) or 35 gms
- Tomato – 1 (medium) or 120 gms
- Green chillies – 2
- Ginger - 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 (small) or 3 tbsp
- Chaat masala – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Black salt – 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Remember that coriander leaves should be more than mint leaves in this chutney. That is why I have given the measurements in grams as well.
- Rinse corianders leaves, mint leaves and drain.
- Chop the coriander leaves roughly along with the thin stalks.
- Add all the ingredients except black salt and chaat masala in a mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add black salt and chaat masala to the paste in the mixer and blend again.
- Add water while grinding, if required, based on the consistency required.
- Check the seasoning and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve hari chutney with any snacks or just plain phulka or roti.
- Add chillies as per your taste.
- Sometimes, I add 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder in the chutney.
- Add black salt and 1/4 tsp chaat masala first and then increase or adjust as per your taste.
- Add lemon juice as per its sourness.
- You can store the hari chutney in an air tight container for more than 4 days to a week. You can also freeze the chutney.